multimeter usage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive got a multimeter which i use at work on cars will this be suitable for house voltage, amps etc...it has insulated prongs, havent got the instuctions so cant see any ratings on it...

Sponsored Links
if that is 600v ac that will be fine, but be very carefull what you are doing ( I noted the other post regarding your shower) remeber this

electricity has no prejudices, it kills anyone

Sponsored Links
unfortunately you have no idea what so ever and do not understand, although you are trying to imcrease yor knowledge i think that in this case you best stick to being a mechanic

thanks again, ile let u know whether im successfull or not in my intallation....

salem2000 said:
mikeyredtop said:
o.k fine dont help me ile just do what i think is right...whether its dangerouse or not

What was that all about :eek: :eek: :eek:

it was about mikeyredtop's ignorance here is an example well i thought 240 wasnt that bad, just gives u a shock...

he has edited the others

breezer said:
im not gonna help u coz ur incompetant

thats ur edited post too

i know of ppl that have had shocks off 240 and it all depends on how good u are earthed, i guess if ur standing in water then ur chances arnt good.. but generally ur wearing rubber soled shoes and dont get much of a wack...

Well i'm no sparks, but when I was 19yrs I worked for BICC in Wood St, London. I learnt then that ANY mains voltage is to treated as Deadly. Anyone who thinks otherwise should stick to Airfix models.

If your going to quote someone, get it right. :LOL:

You make me laugh. And YOU call FWL for being tetchy.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back