Multiple Induction Hobs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a free-standing single ring Induction Hob and was thinking of buying another 2 or 3 and replacing the existing gas hob. They are rated 2000 Watt and 10A. I assume that they would need to be connected to the cooker circuit. I would like to be able to store them when not in use, so could I have wall sockets for them off the cooker circuit? Is there a maximum I could have, given that the oven is also electric? If the maximum was 3, say, could I have a fourth from the ordinary kitchen circuit at the same time?

I would, of course, employ an Electrician, but I'd like to know if it is feasible first.

Sponsored Links
Although at first look to use 4 free standing induction hobs may seem good idea if you used a built in hob it can me made flush so without need for storage you can still use where it is installed as a work surface and there are not even knobs sticking up in your way.

Also the multi-units have a boost feature so if only using two rings the power to them is increased so will also work better.

There is no reason that a 32A protective device should not feed sockets. However many cookers are over 32A and it may mean a box to reduce the power available to multi sockets.

The electrician should advise as to method best suited to your installation. One problem with old installation is the provision of RCD's in the supply and you may well find the extras required will increase cost of fitting to over 4 times that to fit a standard 4 ring induction hob and also not as good.

Sponsored Links
Although at first look to use 4 free standing induction hobs may seem good idea....
Good points. I admit that it is the price that attracted me - £38 each + postage from Germany. Bought one to check out induction hobs. So far I'm impressed, hence the idea of getting more!

Didn't someone have imported induction hob recently that wouldn't (shouldn't) work off 13A socket?

Thanks, I've found that thread. It referred ro a double hob by the same company [zaxx]. This one is only 2Kw so I think I should be OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back