Music CD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Probably shouldn't be saying this, but I've just copied my first music CD today. However, while it plays o.k. on the PC it's not recognised in any of our normal CD players. I suspect that I've copied in the wrong format or something. Can anyone give me some tips or point me in the direction of some online info.

Sponsored Links
Should play on any modernish player, some old ones cant read cdr's though.
How did you copy it? I assume you are copying it to save your original getting damaged.

If you've just copied the files to the disc then it won't work. What program are you using to copy it? Make sure the disc is "finalised" or it won't play on your cd players.

I used Nero Express to copy the CD. I think I'll bung it in the PC again to see if I can sort the problem. It was one of the kid's CD's that they're always fighting over so it was either copy it or smash it. Wish i'd went for the smash it option.

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
dud CDs make good coasters.
So do the AOL ones that seemed to appear in every newspaper/magazine/leaflet for a while, or unsolicited through the post. They seem to have stopped doing it so much now, since the advent of broadband...

ninebob said:
crafty1289 said:
dud CDs make good coasters.
So do the AOL ones that seemed to appear in every newspaper/magazine/leaflet for a while, or unsolicited through the post. They seem to have stopped doing it so much now, since the advent of broadband...
these?

I was also thinking earlier, i havent seen any "aol keywords" on any adverts recently. do aol just let you type the normal adress in now? :LOL:

Maybe a silly question but were they MP3 format which your PC would play but a "normal" CD player would not ?

crafty1289 said:
Oy! That's my gag!!!

(I even remember editing the naughty word in that pic so I could use it on here...!)

Sponsored Links
Back