My CFL Downlights, finished!!!

Given the above information, I find your position hard to understand (and always have).
My position is based on the concept of efficiency of design, and of engineering elegance. Of fitness for purpose, and appropriateness of use.

You think that because you need "only" 20W of LED lighting that you've done a good job.

How much less would you need if you used luminaires designed for LED lamps and designed to provide whole room illumination? The fact that you consume less electricity than a single MR16 halogen is totally irrelevant - it is not a factor in the consideration of whether your lights are fit for purpose or not.

Sponsored Links
Anyway - a question for the guys who've got those PL downlighters.

Here's a plan of my kitchen, showing where the lights will be. The reason for the one on the right is that that section is separated from the main part of the kitchen by an archway (indicated by the dotted lines), and there's no natural light at that end.

t229597.jpg

So - Q - 18w units, or 2 x 13?

Or changed to give 1 x 13W?

Ceilings are 2.48m, walls, floor, cupboards and work surfaces will all be various shades of grey.

There will be under cabinet lighting in the main part of the room, cooker will have a hood with lights in.

So - Q - 18w units, or 2 x 13?

Or changed to give 1 x 13W?

Ceilings are 2.48m, walls, floor, cupboards and work surfaces will all be various shades of grey.

There will be under cabinet lighting in the main part of the room, cooker will have a hood with lights in.
Apologies for opening up an old topic, but what did you decide to use?

My bedroom is 3m by 4.5m with a ceiling height of 2.4m and four fittings each holding two 13W lights seems very bright and I'm thinking of using single bulbs in four fittings.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Well - since the plan is now to replace the ceiling I'm not constrained by the positions of the existing lights, so in the main section I'm going to try out 3 x (2x26W) down the middle, before the ceiling is replaced.

Sponsored Links
FYI have installed 3x of these in a 3.5x3.5 m kitchen and it's quite sufficient. Could have gone with 4 but not more. They are very bright!

[/list]

FYI have installed 3x of these in a 3.5x3.5 m kitchen and it's quite sufficient. Could have gone with 4 but not more. They are very bright!

[/list]
Do you know if I can wire the two 13W lamps into separate circuits, if I use separate HF dimming control gear?

Guys

There are a number of low cost dimmable T5 ballasts on ebay that I would love to use with these G24 fittings. Is it possible to use them? What wattage G24 lamp would U use with 21 or 28W T5 ballast? Or is this a complete non-starter.

Never worked with fittings with separate ballasts before so I'm not entirely sure what's possible and what's not. I can't find a clear answer from googling!

Thanks

Ed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back