My DIY computer desk with hairpin legs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so about two months ago I decided to convert the old painting room of our workshop into an office. Finally it's all completed!

With a new tiled floor, new front door and windows and some other new bits and bobs. My favourite and most cost efficient addition was the computer desk that I created from a few scaffolding planks and then added a set of hairpin legs which luckily for me I manufacture.

For the shelf above the desk I again used some trusty scaffolding planks and then for the chalk board I used some trimmings of planks to border an mdf sheet.

Altogether I'm really pleased with the finally result and goes to show that you don't have to spend big ££££s on designer furniture when all you need is a little creativity.

1f17f5286c944c05f03ee64eddd675f2.jpg

Sponsored Links
I got 22 sockets in my office and still not enough.

How do you do it with 2. :eek: and wheres the tower and 3 dozen cables.

Yeah with only two plugs on the back wall I had to rethink a few things. I use a nice voltage stabilising plug station on the top shelf powering the tv, mini mac desktop and printer. It keeps everything off the desk leaving just the keyboard mouse and tv. Simples

"that I created from a few scaffolding planks and then added a set of hairpin legs which luckily for me I manufacture"

I live in County Down and I was looking for 20 x sets of 4 Hairpin legs...

Can you help me out I see you live in Antrim.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, I have sourced a nice slab of oak so hopefully i'll have a new tv stand with hairpin legs added for next week. I'll post up some pictures

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back