My electric shower has gone belly up. advice needed Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Gainsborough electric shower has gone belly up ( in all fairness it wasn't that great to start with. it would only get hot in the winter if I ran the bathroom cold sink tap at the same time)

So now I'm left with the problem of choosing a new shower and getting it installed. I have a combi boiler which is also not great ( takes for ever for the hot water to come through) the boiler manual says I need a shower with a pressure balancing valve incorporated into it. Can anyone recommend an easily fitted and reasonably cheap one please? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Having a combi boiler has absolutely no bearing at all on which electric shower you should choose, they aren't linked at all. If, however, you're considering changing to a mixer shower then it does become important. It might be cheaper to stay electric though, depending on the works required.

As for which one to get, that largely depends on your current electric supply. You can't have a more powerful one if your electric cable won't take it, but it sounds from your description like your current one was underpowered for the available water supply. You could of course have your electric cable upgraded, but that'll cost extra.

So, in other words, if you want a better electric shower, or want to switch to a mixer, you're most likely going to have to dig fairly deep. If you want to stay with the same power as you have now, it'll be cheaper but the showering experience won't improve.

Thank you! er I was wondering if one of those showers that divert the water from the bath to the shower would be ok ? i'm pretty poor at the mo and they seem to be about the cheapest solution.

Not really sure what you're on about I'm afraid, any links to what you've got in mind?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back