MY FIRST BUILT IN WARDROBE. need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, i have just sign up in this website. i found it quite helpful.

my Question is:- I am trying to build a Builtin wardrob in my living room. i wonder what material should i use for making my wardrobe, PLYWOOD OR MDF?

any other advice is wellcome.

Sponsored Links
heeelllooo aryan and welcome :D :D :D

when you say wardrobe do you mean a cupboard or a wardrobe with hanging rail ect

mdf if you painting with some timber for battons or support

what are your skills level and what tools do you have!!

Hi Mr. Author.

thanx for reply and sorry for replying you late.

yes i am trying to build a proper fitted wardrobe in my living room, a wardrobe which have hanging rail , shelfs and draws.

about tools, i have all type of drill machines. and i have saw and jigsaw, hamer
:D

and i have to hang door on it aswell, i am going to buy a interior door for that wardrobe.
let me know what is best to use for making wardrobe, PLYWOOD or MDF?

and what type of screws is best for them?

do us a photo of the space to be filled and a rough sketch of what you're trying to achieve..

Sponsored Links
HI EVERYONE?

i wonder what material should i used for building a fitted wardrobe in my living room, should i use MDF or plywood?
I want to make a proper wardrobe, with hanging rail , shelfs and draws.

waiting for ur reply

aryan

i did answer your question "mdf if your painting" ;)

we await the pictures for further suggestions :D

thanx, it gave me some hope. what type of screws should i used on MDF?

its a wardrobe and a bedsite.
basically i had some extra space, so i thought i made a wardrobe,

on 12mm mdf into the end use no6 by 1 1/2" screws drill a pilot hole 3mm or 3.2mm[1/8th"]full depth avoid the last/first 2"
screw every 6 or 8" screw and glue

at the point you need to secure the hanging rail affix a batton to the mdf with screws and glue
if you use a full length batton 4"[95mm] wide you will have enough clearence between the top off the batton where the shelve will sit and affix the the end supports near the bottom the actual distance will be governed by thr central support under the shelve but it will be in the region off 2"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back