My Glow Worm 30ci no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Glow Worm 30ci will only produce hot water for about 3 mins & then goes completely cold. A mechanic came out & replaced a pressure valve as the pressure kept dropping & then going too high. Now pressure ok, but problem persists! Central heating fine, but hot water still plays up when central heating on & boiler lit. Cannot think of an explanation. Sometimes water works ok for a bit longer & makes it difficult for me to convince the mechanic of the problem... Help!! It is driving me mad and I need a shower!

Sponsored Links
Much as I would love to help you, unfortunately your description and the terms you use make it difficult for me to guess at what is wrong.

Can you try to explain a little more carefully?

Have you been to Ojo ?

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for your speedy response!

Sorry, I don't really know much about boilers, so I'm not sure what you need to know...
This is what happens when I try to run a bath for example.
When c/h is off & hot water is turned on, the boiler will fire up & hot water will come out of the tap for about 3 mins & then the water goes totally cold (& boiler flame goes out).
When c/h is on (the boiler is lit to begin with), hot water will come out of the tap for about 3 mins & then go totally cold (& boiler flame is still lit & c/h still on).
The pressure is fine now at all times.

Does this make any sense???
Please tell me what you need to know...

thanks! Jo

When the water goes cold, is the boiler still registering a HW demand on the front panel?

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

When c/h is on (the boiler is lit to begin with), hot water will come out of the tap for about 3 mins & then go totally cold (& boiler flame is still lit & c/h still on).

thanks! Jo

Are you saying that the CH is on and keeping the radiators hot for say 30-40 minutes when the hot tap is on?

Are you sure the hot water is really hot for as long as three minutes?

Could you time it a few gos to see what the average really is ( in seconds )?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back