My new Bathroom

Sponsored Links
Not bad Robbie. A little advice for the future if I may be so bold - try and avoid thin slithers at wall corners. That internal corner pokes you right in the eye.
If you've any tiles (or pieces of tile) left over it'd look more finished off if you boxed over the sink waste pipe and tiled it.
Now just a shower screen and a bog roll holder and you're all set. ;)

Thanks. I'd read your sticky about tiling after this and realised i should have started in the middle of a wall and cut into the corners. My wife said i should have tiled over the waste pipe aswell :oops:

That's funny, I'm pretty sure you would have been aware of the sticky as you were posting in the tiling forum in April 2007 //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=576012#576012 - I posted the sticky earlier than that.
You were giving out advice then, but clearly you didn't know "Jack" then and judging by your photographic evidence, you haven't learnt anything of value since.

Sponsored Links
Harsh!

Looks good to me! You'll always find something you could have done better once you finish, but I'd be more that happy if that were my bathroom!

I had only just joined the forum at that time and didnt know too much about "stickys". Sorry i asked now. :oops:

Lovely job Robbie for a diy effort. :D

I like your tiles. How much a sq meter do they work out at?

Looks good to me.
Although I have to ask I hope you have some tiles left over?
If the bath waste ever starts leaking you gonna need to gain access to it.

The bottom tile to the left of the bath has minimal adhesive behind it and there is a square hole cut into the ply behind to gain access to the trap and shut off valves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back