My new tool box

B

Bodd

My new tool box cost me over £250

Got it out of tte box and it had a small chip out of it.

Reported back to the online seller and they come back with a £5 discount.
They assured me that it would not affect its workings. ..... Right it won't. But I paid 250 quid.

I said I'd rather they come and pick it up and give me my money back. They said its being assessed and will be in touch. Its been over a week now. I paid by Pay pal.

What can I do.

Sponsored Links
Hi Bodd,

If you paid via Paypal, then you have their backing. Go back to them again and tell them that as it was this amount of money and nowhere in their ad/sales blurb did it say the item would have a chip in it you are entitled to a full refund from them, or, if you are happy, a replacement. If they then say the same thing to you I would start a dispute via Paypal. They will ask you for photos etc and you can provide those. Whilst this is going on they should hold the money in the sellers account. Ask for a prepaid returns label or, as you have mentioned already, for them to arrange the collection via courier. You have the distant sellers act in your favour and the item is damaged, regardless of whether it will work as it should, you are entitled to a produce that is perfect.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20191103_175231_com.android.chrome.jpg

Put a dispute in via PayPal and they will be on it in no time!.

Thanks fellas

I'm going to write one more email giving them until the end of day to reply and solve

Thank you

Tell them that you will accept £50 and then leave it up to them. £50 verses picking it up and selling it again with the same defect may be a no-brainier for them.

Are we talking about a tool box here or a delicate piece of art?

In less than a week it will be battered (if it were used as much as our tool box).(y)

Are we talking about a tool box here or a delicate piece of art?

In less than a week it will be battered (if it were used as much as our tool box).(y)
Indeed...Just what i was thinking.

That's not the point though - could say the same for a car or a house! We expect new things to be new, not a bit worn.

Sponsored Links
Back