My Pet Hate Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdamW said:
Eddie M said:
Front "fog" lights aren't fog lights,

What does the button to turn them on look like in your car then? Only in every car I've ever been in, it looks remarkable like the rear fog light button, but with the beam facing the other way. If this is different in your car, please post a picture so we can see!

Eddie... you haven't traded the LC in for a Nova have you? :LOL:

Looks similar to the rear fog light icon, but with the beams pointing down. I still will always use them... but that is to do with the type of roads I drive on. Unlit, not kerbed, load of wildlife on the verges, and very few other cars, can not say I have ever been flashed for using them , and can definitely say they do NOT dazzle.

No I'd never think of buying a Nova (No Go)

Sponsored Links
jasy said:
You would rather know ther is a driver in front of you in heavy rain on the motorway than say hello to him as you pass through his windscreen!! So, rear fogs in heavy rain on motorway are a good thing

What a load of tosh! If you can't see the normal rear lights of a vehicle up the road without smacking into him then you're driving too fast.

Rear fogs just glare. In the rain this glare diffuses all over your windscreen. With all this glare you will never see any brake lights.

If you can't see brake lights up ahead you're in big trouble, especially on a motorway.

JerryD said:
jasy said:
You would rather know ther is a driver in front of you in heavy rain on the motorway than say hello to him as you pass through his windscreen!! So, rear fogs in heavy rain on motorway are a good thing

What a load of tosh! If you can't see the normal rear lights of a vehicle up the road without smacking into him then you're driving too fast.

Rear fogs just glare. In the rain this glare diffuses all over your windscreen. With all this glare you will never see any brake lights.

If you can't see brake lights up ahead you're in big trouble, especially on a motorway.

I agree completely.

jasy said:

Heavy rain, maybe. Light rain/drizzle (like what I said) definitely not.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
JerryD said:
jasy said:

I agree completely.

Yeah. Me too.

chambsesf said:
Eddie M said:
JerryD said:
jasy said:

I agree completely.

Yeah. Me too.

And me, I'm afraid.

While on the subject of fog/driving lights, as I understand it, cars used to be fitted with driving lamps, but these have been superceded by fogs.

When I bought my last car, I asked about driving lamps to be told mfrs only fit (as standard kit, anyway) foglights these days.

Come on guys, common sense .... driving in rain on mo-way .. ongoing experiment you can get a visual on how difficult to see vehicle in front as each one looms up before you .... How many of us are on the ball enough, or, moreto the point, can be bothered to switch off the rear fogs when a vehicle takes station behind ? I find I play a virtual tune on the rear fogs during inclement weather ... On when nothing in a steady state following, off when there is something. (NB! HCode Para. 94 MUST NOT use any lights in a way which would dazzle or cause discomfort to other road users. )
Do not rely on brake lights ... sooner or later that vehicle stopping will have none !! Just slow up a little quicker.
P

It's not easy and to remember how to turn on my fog lights on when driving along with all the others control on the indicator stick column ! A fog light switch on the dashboard would be easier for me or am'I old fashion :)

They're dead good on my car, all the lights (including interior) are controlled by a panel on the right hand corner of the dash, just above my right knee. The fogs are push-button so if you turn the lights off and on again you will need to switch on the fogs again if you want them.

With older "modified" cars, where the front foglights have been added, there is the possibility that they are wired in parallel to the dipped lighting circuit. This is mainly due to the fact that it is easier to do than wiring a whole new circuit. So, some of those cars driving around with their fogs on all the time can't actually turn them off! Why they don't wire them in to the mainbeams, thus providing extra light when they actually bl**dy need it, and shouldn't have anyone in their beams anyway, I don't know! :mad:

We may all be very polar on this issue, however I am sure we would all agree that either way is better than India, where most people drive at night without any headlights at all. :LOL:

AdamW said:
I am sure we would all agree that either way is better than India, where most people drive at night without any headlights at all.

That reminds me of a couple of stories my Dad told me about driving in distant climes. The first was where he was driving at night, rounded a sharp bend and met a huge pile of tarmac left blocking the road.

The second was in Rangoon, I believe, when he drove down a narrow lane to be confronted by a "loose"* elephant. Needed good anchors for that one....and watertight pants!!

* By "loose", I mean unrestrained, not of very little moral.

securespark said:
* By "loose", I mean unrestrained, not of very little moral.

I thought by loose you actually meant "Had a case of thru'penny bits", hence the pile of "tarmac". :LOL:

Reminds me of driving in Sitiawan Malaysia .... traffic approaching always appeared to be in utter chaos .. which seemed to assemble itself as we met ... Mind you I was wearing the shades and driving a big Merc at the time ... leaving pools of water from the air-con wherever we stopped .. Ah so ! the mystical East ...... Where the Cheung Sam is the se xiest dress in creation !! :eek:

Is it me or do BMW 3-series have their fog lights 'hard-wired'?? Virtually every one I see has their front fogs on. Are the drivers myopic?

Reminds me of a joke Oz told in Auf Wiedersehen Pet (series 2) - Whats the difference between hedhehogs and BMW's?? The hedgehogs have the pr1cks on the outside....... Old, but still worth repeating. :LOL:

pipme said:
Where the Cheung Sam is the se xiest dress in creation !! :eek:

... and where it can be worn by both ladies and those pretending to be ladies! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back