My worcester Combi 28i Junior

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need help please I have recently bled my radiator in the bathroom, since then the pressure on the boiler has not been right in as much as you turn on the hot water tap and only cold water comes out. when i check the boiler the pressure is down to zero.
I have topped it up many times but it just keeps on loosing the pressure. The prv outside does show signs of blowing off and i have put a plastic bag over it but i am not sure if it is catching the amount i am filling it up with. Which worries me if there could be a leak as well.
The boiler is about 3- 4 years old and is situated in the garage if that makes a difference? There are no signs of leaks in the ceiling but as for the ground floor i can not be sure as all the pipes are under floor boards

Cheers
mancmann

Sponsored Links
have a look at another thread on here this evening about a potterton which seems to have the same problem you've got "potterton pressure keeps going up"

prv valve blow off tried to fill the exp tank when i did water came out of the valve. Does this mean the bag inside has a puncture and in turn i need a new exp tank

Mancmann

prv valve blow off tried to fill the exp tank when i did water came out of the valve. Does this mean the bag inside has a puncture and in turn i need a new exp tank

Mancmann

Generally yes its noodled. A small amount can just be condensation but much more than a trickle is usually a sign the EV has split

Sponsored Links
thanks for the replies fellas i guess i was holding onto a little faint hope that it was going to be something a simpleton like me could fix

cheers anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back