Mynute 20e Boiler help pls...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advice on a few issues I have with my Mynute 20e boiler… The issues:

Set the boiler to start At 6am, wake up in the morning and the boiler pressure is between zero and 0.5 bar, the reset/fault light is flashing and the boiler isn’t running. I increase the pressure slightly being very careful not to put too much in taking it to 0.7 bar and the bolier ignites. The boiler will then run for 20 min with the variable thermostat at medium and the pressure will increase to over 2 bar ( or increase to the safety valve goes if I let it) .

I then turn the thermostat down and the boiler will run for maybe another hour or so. I leave to go work, come back in and the boiler reset/fault light will be flashing and the pressure will be anywhere between zero and 0.7 bar. If as the case has been this week the pressure is at 0.7 bar I reset the boiler and it will run for anything upto 1 hour before the reset light comes on and a reset is required. At this point the pressure can be anywhere between 1 and 2 bar. After the reset the boiler will run for between 1 minute and 30 minute before a reset is required. Today for example I have reset the heating around 10 times and the house is still cold.

I have checked the expansion vessel valve and it does not have water in it so I’m guessing this isn’t the fault ?

Other issues are I have 2 radiators, 1 upstairs and 1 downstarrs that are hot at the top and cold at the bottom .

Sponsored Links
The expansion vessal has air in it and I also top this up with a cycle pump but dont have a guage to measure what psi it is..

I have just checked the safety relase valve and it's leaking so I guess this needs repalcing .. I've capped it with a smirnoff bottle top and some blue tack and it seems to have done the job but the bolier fault/reset light is still on ans the pressure is 1bar.

It's been over an hour since my DIY fix and the leak has stopped, however, boiler fault/reset light has been on 6 or so times and I've had to reset it.. On reset it's running for seconds to 15 mins..

Sponsored Links
Sounds more like the PCB has an ignition fault to me. Common problem on the E's.

Fixed price repair would be your best bet, you need to get the expansion vessel checked, random air fills and vodka tops will not sort it long term.

went out tonight leaving the boiler in the on position with the thermastat turned down to the lowest setting and the pressue at 1.5bar, came back 3 hours later to the pressure being zero, however, the fault light being off and the boiler sounding like it was working ( maybe the fan running).. I then turned the thermostat up to full and the pressure increased to just over 2 bar in around 30 mins and the vokda fix failed as it started to leak again.

I've since taken a small amount of water out via the toilet radiator and the boiler seems to have stabilised for the time at running at 1 bar with no flashing fault/reset light and making a running sound ( maybe the fan again )..

thanks for all info and help ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back