Myson Apollo 15/30 B - again....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys - I have had boiler problems for the past 3 weeks and the following has been changed:

Thermocouple.
Spark Electrode
Gas valve and O rings
Overheat stat

The boiler has worked for the past 7 days and last night I noticed the pilot light was out.
I got it lit and the heating and HW came on as usual - it fired up for approx 30 mins then there was a click and the pilot light went out.
I started it up again - the boiler was still very hot - and it stayed on for about 20 minutes and went off after a click was heard.

It seems to cut out after getting very hot.

This is driving me nuts after spending over 235 quid on the above parts and it appears that it is still not working correctly.

Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Paul W

Sponsored Links
is you pump running mate?
how long does it last till it clicks off?
is the boiler making any loud noises just before it clicks off?

thermocouple on these boilers have an interrupter connected to an overheat stat on the top of the heat exchanger, if the boiler is overheating it will shut down , poss faulty stat, blocked heat exchanger (inside pipe work and external fins ) , blocked flue , my fav would be intrenal blocked heat exchanger makes kettle like noises when working ,
your boiler is about 20 years old and getting on a bit.

Sponsored Links
Cheers lads - pump runs as normal. 3 way valve replaced last year.

It clicks off when it is hot and in full swing with CH and HW running.

No noises coming from pipes, radiators etc, it just clicks off.

Hope this helps.

PS - The house is about 15 years old with original boiler.

Regards
Paul W

could this be a simple a blocked pilot injector?

Lack of service possibly?

Restrictions on the pilot injector are minute but can cause pilot light outage when the burner 'robs the gas'

Why has this been overlooked?

David

Yep, could be any of them and probably one or two we haven't thought of. But do check the pump - see what speed it's on and if you can turn it up. Is the pump "making noises", and how old is it?

I have now tried turning the boiler on again and it started as normal before the electrics were tripped after about 10 minutes. The boiler is now permanently switched off for the time being.

Forgive my ignorance what are the high and low limit stats - is this the thermostat??

Thanks again.

electrics tripped blimey i thought it was your pilot going out

is the boiler leaking?

No leaks - no smell of gas etc

Any idea.

Could a current surge when it has heated up and switched off caused the electrics to trip??

Cheers

mmm

I am at the point where I would be getting me multimeter out so sorry mate i am going to bow out of anymore cyber fault finding

sure the other cleverer lads can help you

your welcome sorry i cannot help you more

My advice is to get some one in to give it the once over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back