Myson Apollo 60si, Main Burner failing to light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, I have problem with the above boiler. Currently the burners are failing to light although the pilot will light and stay lit whenever its switched on. The ventilation fan is running and the ignition can be heard to be constantly cycling @ 2 second intervals?
I'm going to check the electrics but at the moment I'm inclined to think it could be the main gas valve which is at fault?
As I suppose if the fan is running and the ignition is cycling would that also mean the pressure switch is fine, assuming the P. switch would have to make the circuit before the ignition would be powered?
Any help in this area would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
You say the ignition is constantly sparking ? this is pointing toward the PCB being faulty as it is not sensing the flame, be carefull when ordering a PCB though as there were diffrent types and depending on which gas control is fitted determines which PCB is fitted I would get a Registered Gas Engineer to have a look and deal with the hassle! ;)

Many thanks, for the feed back. Yesterday I was fortunately able to get it working again, although I suspect it's been going on the blink for sometime now. I had removed the PCB board and clean around the ribbon type connections, plus gave it a blast of WD40 on the contacts.
I had also removed the twin electrical solenoid from the pilot and main gas burner valves and cleaned this with the magic WD40.
Finally refitted everything and checked the security of all elecrical terminals and fortunately till now it appears to be running without fault.
Just hope it remains that way although I know for 19 years service I can't expect to get much more life out of it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back