Myson Apollo fanfare 30/50s not relighting

hi mate if power to the vavle then tends to be selnoid on vavle gone but not always don`t pay unless it fires up
to be honest though i would go for new boiler as lot parts are obsetle on this boiler

Sponsored Links
If you are only getting 240 when its firing then its not the solenoid or gas valve . As i said earlier if the solenoid was faulty you would be gettin 240 when its not firing and there was a demand .
Your nextcheck is to see if there is 240 at switched live on the boiler when there is a demand ie clock on and roomstat and cylinder stat not satisfied

Hi namsag I have checked the solenoid and I only get live when the boiler lights up the gas fitter that is doing the job says it could be the solenoid or the gas valve and to get one

What you NEED to get is a new RGI (plus maybe a refund)

If you are only getting 240 when its firing then its not the solenoid or gas valve . As i said earlier if the solenoid was faulty you would be gettin 240 when its not firing and there was a demand .
Your nextcheck is to see if there is 240 at switched live on the boiler when there is a demand ie clock on and roomstat and cylinder stat not satisfied

Jim, he's not wrong!

Sponsored Links
How do you know there is power to the boiler it maybe a faulty motorised valve motor overheating so the motor comes away from the microswitch and cuts switched power to the boiler then when it cools down the valve can make again giving power back to the boiler.
So basic checks first

namsag thanks for your input I took your advice and checked the solenoid and that was the problem. So a new gas valve and solenoid complete was fitted by the gas fitter that started the job after I had suggested it from your advice
All up and going now THANK YOU.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back