myson apollo overheating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a myson apollo boiler and it does not switch the heat off it just keeps the gas on till it boils. Can anyone please tell me whats wrong.

Regards Andy

Sponsored Links
could be ya thermister, hav ya got it on the high or low setting? which ever ya got it on flick it to the other settin and see if it cuts off wen up2 temp

Sponsored Links
sounds like ya high thermister has had it, does it get hot enuff wen ya run it on low?

yea quite easy.. all the thermister does is control how hot the system gets so it dosnt matter how many rads its tryin to heat up. do they all get hot or start to warm up wen its on low?

id recomend ya get a pro in as ya have to remove the combustion case and isolate the electics to the boiler.. but its at the top right of the boiler under a small metal cover, they should be two stats i think its the one to the front that controls ya high setting but ud hav to check that

This is potentially a killer boiler. Don't take the case off.
See FAQ number 43.

From the Manufacturers Instructions: "Three thermostats are mounted on the right hand (flow) pipe from the heat exchanger. The 'Hi' thermostat is marked with brown paint and the 'Lo' thermostat is marked with white paint"..."Ensure that a brown and yellow wire goes to the 'Hi' thermostat and a white and yellow wire goes to the 'Lo' thermostat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back