Myson boiler pilot light goes straight off

Sponsored Links
Gar said:
I hope someone out there can help.
I have a myson midas combi boiler, the pilot light wont stay alight. I have changed the thermocouple twice to make sure it was not that. As soon as I release the grey button after 1st starting the pilot light, it goes straight off. Any help on this would be great.
Cheers!

which model is it

Had a different corgi engineer out who said he would replace the gas valve and charge £150...he came out, said if he cant fix it he wont charge...was there for about an hour and 20 mins...changed 2 circuit boards too as the relays were clicking away...did these for free, nice new valve...all for £150...got his number now for keeps! better than the original so called 'corgi' plumber!

anyway, heat was great all weekend, but last night pilot went out again!!! :mad: restarted ok this morning, but now come to work...will see how it is when i get home..

Sponsored Links
I also have a myson midas combi boiler and it is 13 years old (unlucky). the pilot light went out yesterday. I searched this forum and found a big mention regarding "thermocoupling".
:cry:various people were quoting me silly prices,1000 pound new boiler or new gas valve etc.

:p Good news is though, i paid 12 pound from a heating parts supplier on merseyside and now we are all warm again, with the help of this forum of course.

:cool: got the diagrams off www.partsarena.com
and had a go myself at changing the thermocouple.
1st time did not work and the pilot light was still going out.
done it second time and what it was is that the thermocouple was not close enough to the burner flame. make sure it is as i believe this is a very common fault on this boiler and some engineers (not all) will cash in on this.
cheers......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back