myson midas combi boiler

zed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler is approx 10years old.
Sometimes when i run the hot water the burner and the pilot light goes out.
Although the pilot light can be lit again,the problem seems to be getting worse.
I have no problems with the central heating.
Getting someone to turn up and check it out has proved difficult up to now, as i have been told spare parts are no longer available.for this model.
Any info/advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
My sympathy, I've had no hot water or heating since Sat. Engineer called yesterday and as no book for boiler, said i could spend £300 on bits and may not solve problem. It's been making horrible noises for months. Told me to buy a new, smaller more efficient boiler. Hope he'll be here Fri.

You can start here http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/ to see what there is for your particular model.
Some of the Midas bits are particularly expensive - a new fan's around £350!. That and one or two other parts are available reconditioned which can be appropriate on an old boiler, but it takes time and willingness to sort out. Then several things will be showing signs of age and may contribute to the poor performance. It can be an uphill battle

zed";p="126407 said:
My boiler is approx 10years old.
Sometimes when i run the hot water the burner and the pilot light goes out.
Although the pilot light can be lit again,the problem seems to be getting worse.
I have no problems with the central heating.
Getting someone to turn up and check it out has proved difficult up to now, as i have been told spare parts are no longer available.for this model.
hi if its a mison si its the Domestic hot water flo sencer . this boilers were one of the best boilers made .i look after 5 si boilers over 15 years old made to last thes young guys have no idea about reading what the serkit board is telling them :D

Sponsored Links
These boilers are still repairable but do require a competent engineer who understands how boilers work and doesn't just rely on fault finding charts and changing parts until its fixed.

I think most are closer to 16 years old and are really due for replacement.

I now only see about one every two years!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back