N.T.C sensors

Agile said:
As to common faults on a boiler thats not the way I would advise you. Thats what BG have done to leave out much training on boiler basics and give their people a computer which lists common faults on each model.

If a fault is not listed then they are stuck! Much better to learn how all boilers work and then you can mend any boiler you ever see.

Tony

aahhhh good old tony......jumping in with both feet whilst not looking and talking about something he has no knowledge of whatsoever. im surprised. :rolleyes:

are you really trying to tell us that if you are called to a boiler, you dont think of the common faults on them as you drive to the job, and when you get there make a cursory check of those common faults before you get stuck in with your "diagnostic service"?

if you ever went on a BG training course you might find it surpisingly comprehensive. ever seen the course material? the BG laptop contains virtually every MI known to man as well as indepth guides, manufacturer reports and updates, an expert model to follow through on the more popular models and yes tony even hints and tips from fellow engineers who have grafted for several hours through a difficult repair so others dont have to. they can also phone a dedicated team of engineers to talk them through if they are missing something or need a second opinion. and of course there is always the manufacturer themselves. whether or not they choose to use them is their decision.

you have been posting some utter rubbish again lately tony. for the love of god shut your mouth. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Agile.. I don`t think you bend over backwards , i def think it`s forwards and you are a receiver. What you tend to do is steal other peoples diagnosis. And slightly alter it to try and look clever..
If you where that good how come according to that pathetic web site you had. providing someone phoned up until elevenish you could attend that day. Most of us on here are booked up weeks in advance

Out of interest ae you the AGILE SERVICES LTD that is now a dissolved company after not filling accounts at all at companies house
Most guys that have been with BG for a number of years have forgot more than you will ever know about fault finding, yes the younger guys can be lacking but that will come with experience.

The BG expert system on lap top although long winded will correctly diagnose about 95% of boiler faults .So it i not merely a list of faults it is a very accurate tool...

Example of your plagiarism is i mentioned a common fault on vaillant sine 18`s about pilot not resetting and having to press red button in hard to get microswitch to reset behind it..... You said never head of it,,,, but within weeks you are giving it the holier than thou attitude on a different site that it is a basic fault and people with any sense would know about it.

Your comment about being in the top 100 of boiler engineers in the country is laughable you would be lucky to be in the top 1000.... Because we post on this site doen`t make us the best it just means we have fook all better to do with our time

plumber (new blood) said:
its just a fault on a vaillant turbo max i`m fixing, hot water temp up and down from time to time, i just always wondered why when i order a set of thermistors it sometimes says on the bag N.T.C sensors, i just asked out of interests thats all. Any one got any advice on repairing turbo max`s??? any common faults?

you only need to know that the resistance of the ntc informs the board of the water temperature. How the board compares that to the resistance of the preset attached to the temperature dial is immaterial to repairing the boiler. If you ever find yourself thinking the board is at fault not the external sensor try harder.

Other issues (than faulty sensor) are sludge build up on wet pocket sensor, rapid rise in temperature due to tired pump (which might only show up in dhw mode where there is most primary flow resistance) or sludged up dhw heatex. Boiler might be incorrectly setup (max operating pressure too high would probably only show up on dhw.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back