Nail in pipe fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Well trying to be the good husband at the weekend i decide to see to the squeeky landing.
And as you probably gathered cuz im on here i managed to hit the central hitting pipe...
View media item 20648
So with quick rush down to the diy store i picked a speedfit 22mm pipe. I had to cut ou a fair old chunk, but its gone on ok and the sytem has topped back up and (touch wood) there have been no leaks as yet and i have tested heating and all rads seem to be heating up ok..

What are the thoughts people, is this good for a perm fix, or should i be seeking a plumber to install a new piece??

View media item 20647 View media item 20649

Sponsored Links
not a permanent fix,i would replace it sooner rather than later.the braided hose is only rated to 60 degrees so it will go pop at some point.

Sponsored Links
If you remove that flexi and substitute it with some push fit couplings and a length of "barrier" pipe -That will be OK . There must be some info on the JG Speedfit website. Don`t forget the liners for the plastic pipe :idea:

Why not get a couple of repair slip couplings and a length of pipe? If you're clever you may be able to use the length of pipe you've cut out, minus the nail hole of course!! :D

We had a plumber out a while back when I screwed through a hidden pipe, all he did was solder a bit of copper over the hole.

Still holding to this day!! :)

Thanks peeps for the advice, although it may not seem like it from the picks, but it's a bit of a dodgy job for a young novice like me because the pipe i hit bends under the other pipe, so i don't feel i have the experience to get it all joined together.... :oops:
Me plumber mate said he'd sort in 20 mins for me :eek:

Getting his tools out will take longer than doing the job itself.

Getting his tools out will take longer than doing the job itself.

It always makes me laugh when people say they can fix things like this in 20 minutes. Like you say its the time getting there, getting your tools, assessing the situation getting the materials and fixing the job which is not always straight forward, Draining down in 20 minutes? I don't think so, make it an hour...

Yeah but no but he`s a M8 and the OP will drain down and re fill ;) So he didn`t need any of us :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back