Nasty burn to left hand

looks to be shaping up to be a classic diynot flame war :LOL:

Drain the secondary water out and the inner cylinder will colapse.

You must drain the primary water first.

No different than turning the mains pressure off and leaving a hot tap open. :rolleyes:

i agree with Balenza as it makes sense that they would not make it so turning off the mains could crush the tank!!!

Sponsored Links
mehran I wasn't asking you or your opinion

I'm saying what will happen if you drain the secondary water without draining the primary water first :rolleyes:

The same applies when filing you must fill the secondary first.

read the manufacturers book I posted the link too.

There are several other commercial cylinder/calorifiers the same applies too. and that is why they don't have drain cocks, and is also why you don't stick a hose in the tank and syphon the water out.

I was making the experts aware of a possible reason when confronted with no drain off, ignor it at your peril.

A new tank will cost you 4 big ones plus :eek:

Diyitall Wrote

I'm saying what will happen if you drain the secondary water without draining the primary water first

No, you are quoting what is printed in sales brochures.
How many have you seen crushed ??.

I think you will find that what happens in the real world with regard to these cylinders is a little different to what you may read in a sales brochure.

Diyitall Wrote

I'm saying what will happen if you drain the secondary water without draining the primary water first

No, you are quoting what is printed in sales brochures.
How many have you seen crushed ??.

I think you will find that what happens in the real world with regard to these cylinders is a little different to what you may read in a sales brochure.

3 actually

Sponsored Links
Diyitall wrote

3 actually

What make and model were these and if they were tank in tank designs can you verify if they were crushed before or after the drain off ?.

2 MHS Gemini and one other.

The inner section is thin stainless steel sheet, and rely's on the weight of the water to give them strength.

Have a go at the manufacturers and do as I have done in the past and demand a lable is attached to the vessels.

Oh dear Ballenki :eek:

Allow me to quote from ACV tank in tank manual.

Before pressurising the central heating tank (primary) you should FIRST pressurise the domestic hot water tank (secondary)

Both the domestic hot water tank and the central heating tank must be filled before using the tank.

Oh dear Ballenki :eek:

Allow me to quote from ACV tank in tank manual.

Before pressurising the central heating tank (primary) you should FIRST pressurise the domestic hot water tank (secondary)

Both the domestic hot water tank and the central heating tank must be filled before using the tank.

Oh dear Diyitall.
You obviously don't know what an ACV is capable off. ;)
You stick to reading your brochures and let the real world installers get on with the job.

If you say so Ballski :LOL:

Try filling the outer heating tank first and tell me what happens. better still let me know and I will come and watch.

If you don't mind chucking a few thousand quid down the drain, then carry on I will stick to being called a coward.

If you don't mind chucking a few thousand quid down the drain, then carry on I will stick to being called a coward.

I was wondering who Balenza is so I looked back on some old threads.
And if he has the UV ticket then ask him why he is installing an inferior hot water system requiring an annual service.
Only a fool would install one of these.

Is it Dr Drivel?

Aaah Mr hteng shows up. Our ace installer.
Im surprised you have "eng" at the end of your alias.
Figured out what friction is yet ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back