neatest way to wire 6gang light switch

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
you may well be happy sleeping with a potential fire hazard beneath you :eek:
i`m belt and bracers myself

concider the LED version of the GU10`s as they don`t give off any heat and only use 2watts of electric compaired to the 50watts safer cheaper ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm not that bothered about fire eventually burning through a little downlighter hole.

I reckon it will get through that huge great hole where my stairs pass from the ground floor to the first floor long before that.

You're not thinking they prevent fires are you?

The LEDs don't give off any heat, but they don't exactly give off much light either :LOL:

no i dont think they prevent fires but they do prevent a potential smoldering fire in the ceiling void the new LED`s give off more lumens or kalvins than the GU10 unless you think watts are a measure of light like most people :?:

Sponsored Links
i`m sorry no offence intended :cry:
the LED`s i mentioned give off 4000kalvins a GU10 gives on average around 2800kalvins ?
i admit these are non dimmable and therefor not as flexible but i`d still go for the LED`s safer cheaper to run expensive but last about 8X longer :idea:

I just find the light output from LED lamps horrible, an still not as bright as a filament lamp (despite manufacturers claims)

I find them cold, and very prone to creating an awful lot of shadows.

I'm sure given time they will get much much better, but at the moment, they are only any good for feature lighting.

I have a 1W LED on my hard hat, and it's brighter than my maglite :LOL:

i`m sorry no offence intended :cry:
the LED`s i mentioned give off 4000kalvins a GU10 gives on average around 2800kalvins ?
i admit these are non dimmable and therefor not as flexible but i`d still go for the LED`s safer cheaper to run expensive but last about 8X longer :idea:

Are Kelvins a measure of light or of colour temperature?

I prefer 2700k CFL's and hate LED's - they give a very harsh light output.

i wonder what you use them for ?:cool:
if we are to use k as a measurement of light the higher k would give a crisper light closer to daylight correct?
not many manufactures will disclose output using lumens?
does anybody know why?

Kelvin - colour temperature. Lower numbers will appear more orange/red. Higher numbers blue.
Most people are used to incandescent lamps which are in the 3000k range, and give off a very orange light. Anything approaching daylight will look very blue compared to an incandescent lamp.

Lumens - amount of light emiitted by the lamp.

Lux - illumination level of a surface. Moving a lamp further away from a surface will reduce the lux, as it is spread over a larger area.

There is also the CRI or colour rendering index, which attempts to describe how well a particular light source will show various coloured objects. 100 would be perfect (everything appears exactly as it should be). Lower numbers are worse.

Most of the cheaper LED lamps available have very poor light output, with most of it in a very narrow range, typically at the blue end of the spectrum. Many of them also have the light in a very narrow beam, which makes them look even worse.
Better LED lamps are available, but are currently too expensive for most people.

i would agree with that.
however i`ve had to change GU10`s over and over they don`t seem to last that long my mum has the LED version`s now and true they are about 4X the price we`ll see how long they last !
when you take running costs into account aswell roughly 90% cheaper to run.
the warm white`s aren`t to bad but are better in directional fittings as opposed to downlight situations
the manufacturer claims a 60`beam for want of a better word !
what do GU10 do beam degrees?

I love WAGO's!!! And no they are do not satisfy BS7671 and like terminal blocks should in an enclosure and accessible for inspection.

WAGO produce an enclosure very neat better than the 'choc bloc' I have used them also.

I have placed them under floors BUT I make an Inspection 'hatch' label it and detail its position in my handover notes.

They can also be fixed very neatly on to walls / ceilings into places like airing cupboards and are ideal in loft spaces.

However this week i have been crimping until the cows came home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back