Need 3182 spec cable ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
tried senate electrical but no go.. anyone with ideas please.
Sorry got to be quick I'm at work

Thanks

Sponsored Links
3182 does not relate to a certain cable. If you have the full information and quantity I will help you in locating it.

delmel said:
3182 does not relate to a certain cable. If you have the full information and quantity I will help you in locating it.

Excuse me, 3182Y is 2 core flex, 3183Y is standard 3 core flex, 3184 (4 Core) etc etc

If this is for a pendent rose then it will be 3182Y 0.75mm^2.

yes 3182y is a standard flex

you also have 3183TQ which is heat resistant
also 3183 which is rubber.

3182 does relate to a type of data cabling and the speed of information it handles.

What is it you are trying to do Bob and what is the actual spec you have be given

If you are talking of standard mains flex cables then i would suggest it is the standard rubber that you are being asked for.

318 is the begining of cable reference the next number represents the amount of conductors ie 3182 (2core) 3183 3core and so on usually available up to 5 or 7 core from a good supply source.

Anything after that represents the type of cable

Y = standard pvc
TQ = Rubber heat resistant
no letter = standard rubber

\then you have to know the correct size ie 0.5mm - 2.5mm standard of shelf larger are availble but harder to obtain.

But again check if it is the mains flex or a data type cable you are being required to use.

Sponsored Links
sorry for delay, watched ipswich lose sadly last nite :cry:

My requirement is for standard 230v par38 80w outside garden lights.
I was assured by senate I need 3182. no 'Y'
Which I think its just 1mm 2 core with rubber sheath.
Thank you for further comments.

delmel said:
yes 3182y is a standard flex

3182 does relate to a type of data cabling and the speed of information it handles.

These two statements are mutually contradictory as Standard Flex is not a Data Cable.

or it means two different standards bodies used the same number for two different things....

FWL stop being silly.

yes we have established 3182y is a flex as i would expect you to know.

but 3182 can refer to a 240v cable or a type of data cable. This is why i asked him to confirm his usage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back