Need a new Combi asap :(

With all due respect Edd, the price to supply and fit is the price to supply and fit.... If the price to do the job is £2500, what difference is it if I charge you £2400 for the boiler and £100 labour or £100 for the boiler and £2400 for fitting.... The price is the price

I know but why a cloak and dagger affair about it all i want is a quote that reflects the true costs of my install e.g

Boiler...............................£650
1xWireless room stat.........£100
8hrs labour @ £79hr...........£632
Powerflush........................£100
4xTRV@ £25each...............£100
Pipes and other materials....£50
Total.....£1632
obviously just random prices i have put down but you see what i meen just so that then i can compare quotes to other companies and see whether they are offering me the same level of services and parts as well a reasonable labour rate or if indeed they are just takin all the short cuts to make it cheaper.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately what you are after does not work in the real world.

Whether someone says they charge £2000 for a boiler and flue and just £100 to fit, or £1000 for the boiler and £1100 to fit makes no difference to the quality of the job you get.

A boiler takes x amount of hours to install properly, end of. However people state the prices does not indicate a cowboy job or not.

Obviously you cant predict if someone is a cow boy but it is nice to have a breakdown of what you are actually paying for at least that way if it turns out to be a cowboy job then you have a leg to stand on if they dont actually do what they quoted and priced for rather than them being able to say
"I did what i quoted Supplied and fitted boiler nothing else" Not getting anywhere here really so thankyou to everyone who had a useful comment

Agile Wish you did reigate area as you sound like the sort of guy i would like to supply and fit my boiler straight to the point and honest.

but really have to get back to the real world now so cant be bothered to argue that if you are not ripping then there is no reason not to offer a comprehensive breakdown of costs like any other quote for a job.

just food for thought :)

I always give a final total price.

My quote includes, as much as possible, all the work I am including, as well as boiler make, model and other parts, as itemised as far as possible.

Sponsored Links
Edd you will find agile can talk a boiler install that would be it.
Go on tony be honest how many in a year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back