Need a new Combi asap :(

Water Systems, one wonders why you feel it necessary to post under a series of different names and apparently to talk to yourself as well.

Dont you realise thats NOT normal behaviour?

Perhaps yopur Dr Drivel name which was banned? I thought that was the most appropriate one for you!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Water Systems, one wonders why you feel it necessary to post under a series of different names and apparently to talk to yourself as well.

I am only Water Systems. Been here since 2005. You need therapy.

Troll.jpg

all good installers on the forum agree that the quality of the installer is more important than the make of the boiler.
it would be an idea to tell us what the budget of mr landlord is before going into detailed advice.
the last one i encountered mumbled something about 300 quid; no joke or exaggeration.
as mentioned by several others, you would do best to ignore bb aka watersystems as he is not, and never has been an RGI.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Cortina will defo look into the baxis as i had been avoiding due to people slating however no probs in your rented flats and also the top end baxi was suggested as one of the best by a fitter i was talkin to the other day on one of the sites i was visitin anyone have any horror stories about the Baxi to quickly scare me off lol but i hope the duotec is a bit cheaper as my landlord nearly died when i told him the baxi platinum was about 1000 on its own with no flue stats or fittin :eek:

oops noob should have read on to next page before posting ok i have also been reading similar on this forum but how can i gurantee a decent install without giving the landlord a heartattack lol

i think budget wise needs to be under £1500 for him to go with but to be honest from what i have been looking at to get a system for that sort of money is maybe a dream

Have been considering them as i can get them through my work but i cant find anyone willing to fit a boiler i supply myself even brand new in box (Must be a good mark up :evil: ) anyone know anyone in the Reigate area who might be interested

You can check on the Vaillant website for approved installers near you,
don't know if they would fit it if you supply it though.

it is not about the markup; most installers will quote for a job all in.
the problems is when people buy the stuff themselves, it is invariably either wrong, incomplete, damaged, reconditioned or end of line, if not simply nicked, but always a source of problems.
and who gets the blame when things go wrong? the installer.
not to mention the fact that any warrantee issues are between the you and the supplier, which in this case would probably be someone hiding behind a website and a distant phone number.
last but not least, what makes you think you can get a better price as a one time only then someone who may buy dozens a year?

Bengas Thanks alot, no dont think i will get a better starting price but then again installers generally price their products at retail rather than the trade/wholesale price they would pay i am guessing otherwise they wouldnt be bothered about supplying the boiler as long as the contents can be checked upon their arrival and all accounted for, surely this is standard practice when fittin a boiler but of course thats just looking at things from a non proffesionals point of view just what i would do before startin a job of any kind but thankyou anyway for your input as i am sure their are many installers who wouldnt risk the hassle but i was just wanderin if anyone new one that did sorry for askin

Bengas Thanks alot, no dont think i will get a better starting price but then again installers generally price their products at retail rather than the trade/wholesale price they would pay i am guessing otherwise they wouldnt be bothered about supplying the boiler as long as the contents can be checked upon their arrival and all accounted for, surely this is standard practice when fittin a boiler but of course thats just looking at things from a non proffesionals point of view just what i would do before startin a job of any kind but thankyou anyway for your input as i am sure their are many installers who wouldnt risk the hassle but i was just wanderin if anyone new one that did sorry for askin

With all due respect Edd, the price to supply and fit is the price to supply and fit.... If the price to do the job is £2500, what difference is it if I charge you £2400 for the boiler and £100 labour or £100 for the boiler and £2400 for fitting.... The price is the price

It could also work out more expensive for you to supply as the installer would charge for installation and then slap a bit on to cover for future warranty issues... coming out when it throws a fault code... Phoning the manufacturer on your behalf..... In reality, most guys would avoid such future issues by refusing the work

If I supply and fit a boiler, then I take full responsibility for it.

I will fit a new boxed boiler for anyone but our fitting charge is £840 regardless of the make of boiler. In that case I make it clear that as we did not supply the boiler then we would have no part in managing any warrantee claims.

If I supply the boiler then I add £10 onto the purchase price to cover transportation. I then do my utmost to repair the boiler myself immediately within the warrantee period without waiting for any visit from the makers engineers. I agree that would not be funded but its part of the service! I hope to have all parts available for boilers that I recommend but obviously dont for those models a customer chooses.

Tony

I never charge retail for boilers or rads etc, only parts when on breakdowns/servicing etc.

Whether someone charges full retail and low labour, or high labour and low product cost, as I do, all you need to do is compare the final quoted cost.

Forget any gimmicks of £200 for your old boiler etc :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back