Need advice on fixing an Ideal Classic boiler

Sponsored Links
i got his number from his profile
i called ... but he said he was a little too far away... but recommended someone else called ben

i'll update on this thread if i have luck

What's the reason bg couldn't repair it?, has it rotted through the case?. Is it the sealed system version?. There is an awful lot of opinion being banded about with absolutely no idea of the problem.

What's the reason bg couldn't repair it?, has it rotted through the case?. Is it the sealed system version?. There is an awful lot of opinion being banded about with absolutely no idea of the problem.
BG have been really horrible
the plonker engineer never called and spoke to me - so i don't know

the first engineer said there was leaking (which should now have been fixed by BG) and that this had fell on a circuit board and that this was causing the problem

he said that he could replace the circuit board, but he couldn't guarantee if this would fix or give a permanent solution

that's all i know - it all looks ok from the outside box :)

i've spoken to tony glazier by text. he said my area is a little too far. if i don't find anyone, then he'll consider

i'm going to make another post right now asking if anyone is available for E13 (Plaistow) area

big thanks for all the replies

Sponsored Links
BG have been really horriblet he plonker engineer never called and spoke to me - so i don't know

But I would not want to risk being called a plonker!

Also worried by someone who wants to save money by installing his own boiler.

Its too far for Ben !

Omar, why not post a picture here of the leaking part on your boiler?

Tony

But I would not want to risk being called a plonker!

Also worried by someone who wants to save money by installing his own boiler.

Its too far for Ben !

Tony
the experience with BG has left me feeling bitter
really unprofessional and lying nasty customer services
i had one guy who told me that the service i had purchased and paid for ONLY covered the first fault and NOTHING else
i protested saying that i was told that by boiler would be fixed - regardless of faults or number of parts required
he argued with me for a while, then said he needed to speak to the boiler engineer who had attended - then put the phone down on me :(

i can't give a pic. the boiler is in a flat i have in plaistow. so am a little stuck :(

Tony

i can't give a pic. the boiler is in a flat i have in plaistow. so am a little stuck :(

[/quote]

Surely if its your flat then you can go and take a photo?

Tony

yes of course i can do that
it's 30 min away. so just being lazy
i'll do this actually
i'll post back later

@Dan_Robinson: sorry to disappoint, no plot or juicy story
lol

So its not where you live!

Who lives there then?

How do they manage without hot water and heating?

Do you have a Gas Safety certificate?

I did a repair in Leicester yesterday!

Tony

So its not where you live!

Who lives there then?

How do they manage without hot water and heating?

Do you have a Gas Safety certificate?

I did a repair in Leicester yesterday!

Tony
i've got a tenant. she'd been without heating or hot water for 10 days now. :(
yes, have a gas certificate
Leicester? i thought u were closer by to me in london?

I am in London but will sometimes go well outside in some cases. That was an older Vaillant and he had not found anyone to sort it out for him.

When considering which jobs to take on I have to consider all aspects of the problem.

In your case its a little way away but the main problem is that BG have been there and not completed the repair and you are unhappy with their service. I would not want you to be unhappy with me and call me a plonker as you did to the BG engineer.

Furthermore I have to consider if you are likely to be happy with my charges and if you consider BG too expensive then you will certainly find mine too much for you. You want to save £100 on the cost of buying a Vaillant boiler which implies that you are very concerned with costs.

Now you admit its rented out so that makes you a landlord. We know by experience that landlords in general can often be very difficult to deal with. They become landlords to make money and one way they try to do that is to avoid paying for things! my experience is that absentee landlords are ten times more likely to become bad debts.

Tony

leaving a tenant 10days without heating and hot water is a disgrace. I hope they hold this months rent. Its past messing about, if you can't afford to sort the problem you shouldn't be renting a property, get a new boiler in there asap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back