NEED HELP. BREEZE BLOCK GARAGE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi People.

Im new to this.

i would like some help with a project im doing.

I want to build a double breeze block shed..

the lenght of the shed is 30ft long and 14 ft wide.

Approximately how many breeze blocks would i need.

Also i already have a wooden shed which im going to knock down. would i still need planning?

What type of roof can i put on here... a flat roof?

Im going to be using the shed for storage and a rehearsal room (im a musician :))
Im also going to plasterboard the inside and plaster ...

Thank ou ever so much..

Jason :)

Sponsored Links
Depending on height you are allowed, doors and windows to deduct from total.
I'd say if you was building double skin, using 440x215x100 blocks at a height of 2.5M you'd need approx 1400 blocks.
A single door would take about 30 blocks off and a window at 1200x1200 would take another 30 blocks off total.

There are certain guidelines regarding permitted developments that require no planning permission, I think your foot print size would mean permission would be required.
The roof type, may also depend on your boundaries with neighbours.
A link:
http://www.planningportal.gov.uk/en...sibilities/workresppp/workresppppermitteddev/

ditto above.

are you leaving it as a block face on the externals???.you might wanna use a different type of block to thermalite if you are.

I think you might be subject to Building Regs though. Isn't 30 square meters max without Building Control?
And you're talking 39 square meters

Sponsored Links
are you leaving it as a block face on the externals???.you might wanna use a different type of block to thermalite if you are

Paint finish?

Paint grade concrete blocks are 7N. Thus can be used below ground also.

But they are about £1.50 per sq metre more expensive. You need to compare against other/longterm finishes/maintenance etc.

there are other alternatives to thermalite and concrete which fall between the 2

hi thank you for everyones advice.

I am actually going to render the external breeze block.......
would that be ok to do that???

so 1400 breeze blocks is what i would need???

Would i use thermalite blocks outside or concrete breeze bl;ocks on outside?

is it possible just to use breeze blocks on both external and internal walls???

i am also going to render the outside and plasterboard and plaster the inside....

Thank you

Myself i hate building anything with thermalite block...they are prone to cracking. i would use the 7n 100mm concrete block, and insulte the cavity.

Look on ebay for block 20pack delivered thats 1440 block for 875 quid. about 60p each.

Item number: 300378262616

Ive used this bloke twice before...hes in my area....i am sure you can find one like it in yours.

I would of thought you would of needed planning application and building regs, just because you are replacing a temp. structure. and because of the size.

i wouldnt use thermalite either for my own stuff.i wouldnt use concrete either,especially this time of year.theres a block between the 2 but buggered if i can recall its name but different people use different names for them.theyre like the old "breeze" block in appearnace but much denser but not as dense as concrete.gives an excellent key for your render and a good solid internal block to screw shelves etc to.ill look for the name.

i wouldnt use thermalite either for my own stuff.i wouldnt use concrete either,especially this time of year.theres a block between the 2 but b*****r if i can recall its name but different people use different names for them.theyre like the old "breeze" block in appearnace but much denser but not as dense as concrete.gives an excellent key for your render and a good solid internal block to screw shelves etc to.ill look for the name.

The ones you talking about that we use at work we call dense crete. and they are a little lighter than solid concrete, but they are a b.......d, they are hard to cut...full of old crap ...ie condoms ..glass...metal. i would do concrete block everyday over them

If using as a music room you should get the heaviest blocks you can. Breeze will be 5hit for 5oundproofing. Will need a boarded roof also, plus internal stud partitions.

i wouldnt use thermalite either for my own stuff.i wouldnt use concrete either,especially this time of year.theres a block between the 2 but b*****r if i can recall its name but different people use different names for them.theyre like the old "breeze" block in appearnace but much denser but not as dense as concrete.gives an excellent key for your render and a good solid internal block to screw shelves etc to.ill look for the name.

The ones you talking about that we use at work we call dense crete. and they are a little lighter than solid concrete, but they are a b.......d, they are hard to cut...full of old crap ...ie condoms ..glass...metal. i would do concrete block everyday over them

must be different cos these are easy to cut and completely uniform throughout the block.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back