Need help fitting downpipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, I had a soffit/fascia fitted some months back to my garage and then got the plastering done and the guy who fitted it said he'd be back after the plasterers left to fit the downpipes. I have been trying to get him to come out again but to no avail. so I need to fit these downpipes asap as the weather is terrible. they're the typical white upvc square type. the storm drains are in place also. so I need a couple of lengths of downpipe and some elbows and some feet. is there a special tool/blade used to cut a square in the gutter to recieve the elbow? its the same downpipe system as this.
DCP_0017.JPG

thanks

Sponsored Links
hi. thanks for the reply. I just found that photo on the net just to give an indication. mine are all upvc. just really need to know how and what is used to cut the gutter to allow the elbow to fit into it
many thanks

Sponsored Links
^^ a perfeCt small square with a sawh uh? I thought their would be a tool. like a holesaw in a square form or something similar made speCifiCally for similar jobs obviously not?

all plastic fittings simply either push together or are clipped together.

as breezer says you simply cut the gutter or downpipe to suit.

the running outlet already has a hole in it! :LOL:

the guys who done my guttering left them straight aCross with no opening pieCe to aCCept a downpipe like above. they just have straight guttering and at the very end took the stop ends off so the water would run off away from the plastering etC. so now i know!! ill need to replaCe the end pieCes aswell. thanks alot guys I didnt realise :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back