Need Help with Mid posn plus two port valve Unvented System.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

Please be gentle, I only qualified 5 weeks ago :oops:

Have been asked by a friend to sort out an issue with his system.

He has an unvented system, with a mid position, & a 2 port valve. He has only been in the house 3 weeks, & can only get hot water when heating called for. Both valves operate, but I think Stevie Wonder wired it, with Jodie Marsh reading the instructions!!!, its all over the place.

Before I dive-in, has anyone a diagram to use as a ref. I can find diagrams for the individual valves, buy non when used together. Valves are Honeywell.

Any help please.

Regards

Sponsored Links
What do they do for starters, is one on an unvented cylinder.

the 2 port is wired in series to control stat-hi limit stat

mid position is wired thru wiring centre to command boiler after signal from programmer

uv make/model?
boiler make/model?
mid pos v/v make/model?

Sponsored Links
If you have not got you're unvented ticket (G3) you should not be touching it :evil:

The 2 port is a safety device but you should already know that !!

Unfortunately there's nothing in the G3 assessment about exactly how to wire it!

It's always in the Cyl Inst instrs though.......

check that there is a permanent live from the clock to the wireing center.

I know the 2 port is a safety device, I just wanted a wiring diagram.

I do not have a G3, but I have completed my Construction Skills UHWSS Install, Commission, & Servive, as well as my Water Supply(Water Fittings) Regs 1999. I also have my ACS for:

Combustion Performance Analysis
Domestic Natural Gas Safety
Gas Cookers
Gas Fires, & Heaters
Inst Water Heaters
Central Heating Boilers <70kw
Domestic Gas Meters.........& whilst we are on the subject of tickets:

Energy Efficiency for Domestic Heating
Essential Electrics
Combi-B Basic F Finding
Combi-B Advanced F Finding
Part P (Basic)

Guess that means I have the tickets !!

My Gas Safe ticket is waiting for me, I just want another months experience.
I am currently working alongside a Gas Safe engineer with 25 years experience (unpaid - my choice). He has not seen the job yet, I just want him to see that I am working 'off the job' to gather info. After every job, I revert to my text books, & notes. In 5 years, I want to be a good heating engineer, not one that gets by, by ripping off people, like so many out there!!.

If it would not have been for this family friend helping me, I would have ended up like many others, working for peanuts thru an agency, blagging it all the way!!. I have found out that this industry is no different from the rest, its not what you know, but who you know!!.

In my hand, I have a Construction Skills Building Engineering Services 'WATER' card.

On the back, its states Catergory - UHWSS Install, Commission & service. It also states Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regs 1999. It expires 08/07/2014.

UHWSS - Unvented Hot Water Storage System. Well it was the last time I checked!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back