Need help with neptune Shower no power

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi this is my first post
i have a problem with my electric shower 8.5k neptune solo not coming on it was running then suddenly stopped the light on the isolator switch outside the bathroom red light had gone out so i thought it might be the fuse (35a) which i replaced but the isolator switch light still does not light up and the shower has no power going to it.

Any help or ideas on where i go next would be great

Thanks

Shaun

Sponsored Links
Is there (hopefully) an RCD somewhere in the circuit that could have tripped ?
If not you need to isolate the circuit and carefully check the connections in the pullswitch. Look for any loose connections and/or signs of overheating. It is possible that the switch has failed without showing any signs.
Also check inside the shower itself for the same. If not any of the above it could be a problem at the consumer unit. Unless you are confident/competant that you can safely inspect inside the CU then it could be electrician time. Consumer units have live terminals in them even with the main switch off.

thanks for you reply
yes it has its own circuit breaker which hasnt tripped i changed the fuse but still no joy ill have a look and test if there is a current going to the switch or not and then yeah maybe time for an elctrian

Sponsored Links
If you have a multi-meter or approved testing equipment, you could after initial inspection of RCD reset, loose connection, damaged or burnt cables at Pull cord, CU and Shower.
Perform tests for continuity and voltage.
Before removing covers, even though you have indicated you have no power, still isolate circuit before removing any covers and prove the circuit is dead, prior to touching any conductors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back