Need help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am trying to replace a damaged thermostat control unit with a new Honeywell T6360 thermostat I am having a problem with the wiring in the sense that I have 4wires that where used on the old thermostat as follows Red=Live Blue=nautral yel/green= Earth and this other wire that is yellow i have no idea where to connect on the honeywell thermostat on the old thermostat it was connected to earth..... Ant help very much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Well i would plummet for connecting it to earth on the new thermostat, it is probably unused and just has been put to earth to park it somewhere safe. In case it is required in the future.

Martin

If red is live and blue neutral, yellow is most likely the switched live.

If the yellow really was connected to earth, the other wires are NOT live and neutral. No thermostat could possibly work with just L&N.

Will have to ask the obvious question:

What was the make & model of the old stat and what terminals did the wires connect to on it?

Sponsored Links
From memory of the 6360 on a Y plan heating system it is as follows. Blue / Neutral to 2, Red / Live to 1 and yellow switched live to 3. I am assuming that the heating programmer is connected by a Fused Connection Unit. If the fuse blows then swap around 1 and 3, replace the fuse and try again. If this is not correct then come back and I will dig out the diagrams from the van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back