Need some van inspiration!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

About to purchase a "new" van. Budget is 5-10k at a push.

I do alot of travelling so I'd prefer a van with 6 gears, air con, 100bhp+ and if possible, cruise control. Mileage needs to be less than 30k.

At the moment, I'm leaning towards a Citroen Dispatch L2 120ps, but I won't get much change for 10k for a low mileage version.

Can anyone think of an alternative. I'm a maintenance plumber / commerical property maintenance so LWB is preferred to fit all my gear in!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Check out the Transit LWB 300 range - FWD or RWD and turbo diesels up to 130 BHP. Excellent vans.....excellent rusting capability without extra treatment!
John :)

Vivaro LWB :idea:

Bought mine this time last year.It was 8 months old with 6900 miles on it and the remainder of the manufacturers warranty(2 and a bit years).
Cost me £8995 plus vat.

Graham

Thanks for the input chaps. I have to admit I don't like the look of transits and I've heard the Vivaros are very cheaply made....

I managed to get a 2.0Hdi Dispatch on a 57 plate for £8750. 30k miles, 6 gears, air con, 120 bhp, full electric pack and LWB. Happy days , picking her up Thursday.

Can't wait to be able to get up Holden Hill in Exeter at speeds above 30mph :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
The guy we get all our vans from reckons the new-shape Dispatches are very cheaply made...

I have a 59 plate dispatch company van, i think the best thing about it is its silver and not white, but the faults......

1/ steering is too sensative
2/ brakes are over servo'd
3/ must a 1.6 cos its as flat as a flat thing in flat land
4/ no air-con
5/ steering wheel wobbles when pulling away with a bit of lock on
6/ hand brake is jammed in between the drivers seat and door pocket
7/ if you have a drinks can in the holder on the drivers side then you can get your key in and out of the ignition
8/ centre console where gearstick comes out of is in the way of your left knee

and im sure theres more..........

Wouldn't of been my choice, what was the boss thinking :rolleyes:

Back