Need to remedy minor leak from Main Combi Eco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I would be really grateful if some of you could take a look at these two pics:

and

In the first pic (sorry it is a bit blurry) there is a slight leak from the end cap labelled Main Water and I notice that although it has an isolator valve, it is before the feed into the boiler. I take it that if I were to close the valve to stop the leak, I would then lose feed into the boiler.

The Central Heating feed seems to have the same situation where the isolator would prevent water flow to the central heating system if it were to be closed.

The second picture is that of the piping directly below that in the first picture and is where the engineers had fitted the flexible repressuring loop. They had actually left it attached and I removed it on the advice of a Heateam engineer. I added the end caps.

So my questions are:

1. Should there be isolator valves after the right angle bend up into the boiler and before the end caps to prevent the end caps taking the pressure of stopping a leak?

2. The end caps seems to be on tight enough but can anyone recommend a way to stem the leak? It is a pretty small leak that hardly drips but with eletrical boards not far away, I would prefer it is stopped.

TIA for taking the time to read this :)

Sponsored Links
The end cap needs a new 1/2" fibre washer in it or some ptfe may cure it.
Its fine as it is with the valves,just turn mains water off b4 changing washer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back