Need your help....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I have noticed a hole in my shower hose due to which the water is leaking.... Upon searching hte internet, although I could find the shower hose as a spare part, I could not figure out how to ascertain which one to buy. I think I have a thermostatic inbuilt shower mixer but I may be wrong! please see the photograph attached to this message.

I would really appreciate if someone could point me in a right direction. Also, any suggestions on replacing that shower hose myself instead of paying £ to a London plumber!

thanks in advance
SK

View media item 35762

Sponsored Links
The ends of the hose just unscrew.
The hose already fitted looks the cheapest, natsiest available, so almost anything will do as a replacement.

Look for a hose for a mixer shower, they have slightly bigger bore in the hose. Flow from shower might be poor with a small bore hose.

Remember to insert the rubber washers in each end of the hose

Sponsored Links
thank you guys... one last question though.... do I need to turn off the water supply to unscrew this? I feel its not necessary but dont want to risk !

'ere, at the risk of going COMPLETELY off-topic (but hey the topic's done now anyway) how the hell do you do that? I can paste a link quite happily but it looks so much neater if you can have proper words there instead, any clues as to how to work this wonderful magic would be appreciated!!

I can paste a link quite happily but it looks so much neater if you can have proper words there instead, any clues as to how to work this wonderful magic would be appreciated!!
Here's how.

[url=http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/range-shower-hoses.htm]clicky thing[/url]

believe charnwood,he has been there,done it,been back on a recall and learned to fit the best equipment.
experience is priceless going to a shed is expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back