Needed: digital room stat with a 2 wire installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have discovered my mechanical room stat is misreading temperature by 3 degrees, so when the room is actually 20 degrees the stat is at 17 degrees.

as in the title, are there any digital stats that only requre a battery and have 2 terminals, common and Y1...i.e so i can have switched live only, as per my old mechanical one.

preferably under 20 quid too?

this is the reason i was thinking my heating was not getting hot enough! i have also measured my hot water temp and its only 55 degrees. so my problems all lead to the stat

Sponsored Links
You won't get a decent make under twenty quid. Just take the knob off your old one and move it round so it reads accurately.

you cant do that.... its has locating pins and also the numbers printed on the case would be wrong......

Sponsored Links
it says the dt200 is 3 wire, however it has a normally open contact and common so it should work as a 2 wire, just to turn my pump on and off.

your right, its my mistake! anyway, i got one today from screwfix and fitted it. so far so good, my heating is working properly up to yet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back