NEF B1422 Oven Electrics not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

All the electrics appear to have gone on my NEF B1422 Oven. While grilling something it just stopped working. The grill, fan (all options on the dial to be honest) have gone, including the clock. The gas hob and igniter still works.

I've checked the Circuit Breaker and its fine.

The manual says, under the first troubleshooting option: "check fuse" - "fuse located in the fuse box".

The Unit is built into my work surface and I can't see a way of getting to the back of it (have taken off one skirting board, but there is another I could potentially take off too).

Questions:
Where will the fuse box be?
What fuse do I need to buy? 13A?
If it is something more serious, what else could it be?
Assuming something has shorted, what would be the first few things to isolate from the problem?

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,
Phil

Sponsored Links
No I don't think so. What would this look like?

There's an on-off switch with a fuse to the left of the cooker but that does the Boiler.

Cheers,
Phil

Can we assume that the oven and hob are separate appliances, so not a duel fuel combo.
A few ways this could be connected.
*Plug or fuse spur in adjoining cupboard, check the fuse.
*Plug or fused connection above worktop, check the fuse.
*plug or fused connection behind oven, check the fuse.
If oven in a unit housing there will be at least a couple of screws (maybe four) that fix the oven in place, these can be located by opening the oven and looking down both left and right hand sides of the oven, where it slots in to the unit.
Unscrew them, you may find that at least two of the screw have a plastic placement sleeve (don't lose them)
Once unscrewed the oven will slide out of the housing, you may need an extra pair of hands for this, not particularly heavy, just a little awkward.
Would also advise putting something on kitchen floor, to cushion the oven while out and prevent marking the floor.
Then a cable should be evident, could either be plugged or in fuse connection unit, check the fuse in either.
If that is all okay you could have loose connecting in either fused connection unit or socket-outlet.
Try these steps first

Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

I tried the fuses (for both plugs that I could see feasibly going to the Oven) and although one of them looked slightly blackened, changing them didn't make a difference (13Amp fuses).

So what to check next?

Cheers,
Phil

... Found the problem - the socket for the Oven had gone. I switched plugs and it worked (now I have to choose between an electric oven or the Hob sparker).

Wonder what it could have been? Just need to change the socket then :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back