NEF double oven - special startup needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a ex-display nef 1661 double oven from john lewis and despite having simple LNE connections behind a removable cover, all that comes on is the top oven interior light. Twisting the knobs in all directions has no effect.

So I replaced the old Baumatic double oven and all works fine. But I am perplexed - is this oven broken? Or does it have a child lock engaged?

Thanks for your ideas....

Griddle

Sponsored Links
Hi, yes this oven does have a child lock, I have the same oven, but not installed it yet so i fished out the instructions and here s what it says

If -5- is displayed the oven is locked

to remove the lock turn function selector switch 3 times from the 0 position to the oven light (light bulb symbol ) -5- goes out , oven now reset

OR

if symbols on control panel light up and main oven does not heat up then main oven is locked

to remove switch function selector switch five times from hot air (fan symbol) to the conventional oven (square with line top and bottom) and then back again

333 must be displayed

OR

symbols on control panel illuminate but mini oven doesnt heat up then the mini oven is locked.

To remove turn function selector switch 5 times from conventional oven ( square with line top and bottom ) to grill (square with two rows of pointed triangles at top of square) and back again

333 must be displayed

Hopefully this will solve your problem. Just out of interest how much did you pay for your oven and what finish does it come in ? IF you call neff they can send you a copy of the instructioins and a warranty card if you didn't get one with the oven .

Nick

Thanks sparkdudeuk - I will try this again at the w/e. But I dont hold out much hope as there was NOTHING illuminated on the control panel, just the light on the top oven.

BTW, it is an aluminium finish and was £725, john lewis willing to haggle the ex-display price from £800! Not sure it was much of a bargain now....

Sponsored Links
Well if its still not working, try ringing neff, they have a technical helpline who will probably be able to help, or if not, get john lewis to pay for an engineer to visit from neff to fix it, after all it was sold as an ex display thus meaning, never been used , just shown off.

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back