neff cooker bulb tripping breakers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have a neff oven that blew a bulb and tripped the breaker. I've tried replacing the bulb twice and each time it's immediately blown the bulb and tripped the breaker again. Any ideas?
Cheers[/list]

Sponsored Links
Hi guys. I have a neff oven that blew a bulb and tripped the breaker. I've tried replacing the bulb twice and each time it's immediately blown the bulb and tripped the breaker again. Any ideas?
What is tripping - an MCB or an RCD (the latter with a test button)? If the former, what rating is it - does it have something like "B32" written on it?

Kind Regards, John

I've also been using a slightly lower wattage bulb which shouldn't make any difference.

Sponsored Links
Hi John. It was the 32A MCB.
Thanks. For a blowing bulb to trip a 32A MCB is going some! Provided that you are using correct replacement bulbs (e.g.correct voltage), the only thing I can think of is that something fundamental has happened to the lampholder. However, although that might explain the trips, it wouldn't really explain the replacement bulbs blowing. Hopefully other folk will have some other ideas!

Kind Regards, John

Was the lower wattage lamp the correct voltage ?

Putting a 12 volt lamp into a 230 volt socket would result in the 12 volt going into a plasma arc (dead short ) that could be enough to take out a 32 amp MCB.

Or more likely the lamp holder in the oven has been damaged and with a lamp in the contacts of the holder are pressed together creating a short. ( though that would not damage the lamp, are you sure the lamp is blown )

( John types faster than me )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back