Neff double oven (built-in) wiring to mains sense-check...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

No wiring installation instructions with new Neff oven (they don't tell you that in Comet), and nothing on Neff Website, except to say oven should be connected by Neff engineer...

So, I turn oven ring main off locally and at unit and remove old oven.

I remove small cover to access terminals on back of new Neff oven.

I feed mains cable through short white plastic conduit and once correctly in place, tighten plastic grip to hold it in place.

I fix earth, live and neutral leads in turn as marked, by looping the bare copper ends clockwise and tightening each terminal screw firmly.

I notice there is a large earth icon stamped on the top of the oven casing, with an arrow pointing towards the back. There is a smaller earth icon on a stepped down section of the oven top casing next some small holes. I can't see any fixing point or screw.

I need to know what this is and whether I need to have an additional earth cable connected to this area (and how if so), or whether the earth I connected lower down is all I need.

Thanks in advance, Mark

[/b]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back