Neff grill/oven heating element what screwdriver?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help appreciated, need to remove the heating element from a 18 year old Neff built-in oven as the grill is not working and only the bottom of the oven heats up. there appear to be 2 hexagonal screws, can't work out what to use, have tried some screwdrivers from halfords but no luck as they seem to require more of the screw showing they are quite flush to the back plate any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You may find that the heads visible from the inside are just blank ends of studs.Neff grill/top oven elements are usually secured from the back.

View media item 48056
This is what it looks like from the front, i have taken the cover off from the back but it just looks like the end of the screws that would be screwed in from the front, not sure how to remove them.

Sponsored Links
There is a 7mm nut on the back.A deep socket or box spanner is needed.

There is nothing at the front,just the blank end of the stud.Follow the threaded part at the back of the stud to the chassis of the cooker and you will find the nuts.

i am now concerned here
you are going to replace a high power element on a cooker and the very very simple basics are beyond your grasp

may i respectfully suggest you ask a friend with a bit more knowlege to help :eek:

managed to do it, quite easy thanks for the advice, but while i have your attention i have a related question, the oven is a built in neff oven, when installed it didn't have a plug but had to be wired in. On the wall a short distance away is a simple red on off switch which isolates the power to the oven. the switch has a red light which is illuminated when the switch is turned on. I have noticed for several months (maybe always been the case) sometimes the red light is a stable fixed light when turned on and other times it flickers (less stable) when on, doesn't appear to have any effect on the operation of the oven but any ideas why?

View media item 48144

hi, how did you manage to get the screws off the element? ta.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back