Neff Integrated Dishwasher door repair - DIY job or call a repairer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Neff integrated dishwasher (part of kitchen incompetently fitted 4 years ago by firm now out of business.) Fitter didn't seal the cutout in the plinth, which eventually swelled and this year started catching on the outer panel, pulling it out on one side when the door is opened. (I have now enlarged the plinth cutout and sealed it fully.)
LHS UNCLAMPED DSC02974.jpg
This is the LHS with gap of about 1" at the bottom. The RHS is fully attached.
RHS DSC02972.jpg

Having read previous threads (about other makes) I hoped that I could unscrew the (MDF) panel, fill the damaged screw holes (Araldite was suggested) and re-fit the panel.

I have now taken the panel off, and see that, as well as screws at midpoint and top, the panel is held at the bottom by hinges which clip into the metal sheet; the sheet is broken at the LHS clip
LHS of Metal Door Panel attachment to MDF panel DSC02977.jpg

and deformed at the RHS.
RHS of Metal Door Panel attachment to MDF panel DSC02978.jpg

The full panel looks like this:
MDF panel DSC02975.jpg
and the metal sheet like this:
Metal Door Panel DSC02979.jpg

Two questions?
1) Is this a DIY job or should I bite the bullet and call in the Neff repair system (or an independent repairer)?
2) If I call in a repairer, it worth my while trying to fill in the hole in the panel, or getting a replacement panel from the kitchen manufacturer; (I don't want to have two call-out charges and extra delay if my repair isn't suitable)?

If relevant, the dishwasher model is S513M60X1G/51 and FD number 9808-00595.
Advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
If you remove the two bottom short screws and carefully drill through the metal panel you can swap the previous middle long screws into new material of outer the door panel.

Sponsored Links
Thanks to both jj4091 and assuhors for your replies. I'd looked at a few spare parts sites but hadn't seen one with a metal panel. I haven't fully removed the decor panel yet but hope that undoing the two screws in each hinge will be a reversible operation. Drilling new holes into fresh MDF seems a better idea than filling the existing hole; removing the metal panel will let me see that there isn't anything vital hidden away where I need to drill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back