NEFF Microwave Clock Display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We rarely use our NEFF Microwave H5470N0GB/02 so I switched it off at the plug to save energy. When I switched it back on again it works but the clock is not illuminated - which makes for some interesting cooking times. Is it possible to obtain the lamp which backlights the LCD?

Secondly, how does one get to the innards of the control panel? I assume the front cover simply levers off, but I don't want to break anything.

Sponsored Links
If you press the temp setting on the microwave does this illuminate how many mins to run i.e if 900 pressed does 1 min show. If not you can not replace a light the whole display needs replacing.Approx £120 + vat

We did use the microwave yesterday. When I switched it on the clock was illuminated - but only for a few minutes, then it went dark again. I suspect a dry joint on the controller board. Probably all the probing to find how to get the bezel off. It's not worth £120 + VAT, but I am handy with a soldering iron so how do I get down to the controller board? I don't want to touch the microwave screening or break any plastic clips.

Sponsored Links
Take the casing of and you will see 2 screws at the top of the facia undo these,thus releasing the facia unclip all wires and the facia will come off. Then it is a case of undoing the screws

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back