Neighbours poor dog

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have tried the RSPCA who were useless, but what can I do.
next door we have Hungarian neighbours who got a puppy for their kids last November. They keep it is a BOX only just big enough to turn round in and let is out 2-3 time a day for a pee etc:
Poor litle thing was out on Bonfire night, New years eve and through the winter so far. He yelps constantly and the RSPCA said I have to monitor what happens????
The neigbour says that they keep dogs this way at home.....

Poor little b*ggar

any dog nappers out there?

MP

Sponsored Links
That's an absolute disgrace. The Animal Welfare Act 2006 should be coming into force here.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/welfare/act/index.htm

If the RSPCA won't do anything, I'd phone the police and tell them that the RSPCA won't act and this poor pup's treatment is against the Animal Welfare Act.

Either that, or wait until they're out and steal the poor wee soul.

Have a look at that link and see if there's anything that you can do more.

Let us know how you go.

you cant steal the dog, that is a criminal offence, theft, ( i think) you would also be trespassing

have you not got a local dog warden who could go and have a chat with them
or give the dogs trust a call and see what they suggest,or offer to take the dog off of there hands and give it to the rspca etc.

Sponsored Links
grgers, why?

they see nothing wri#ong in waht they are doing, RSPCA dont want to know.

still could be worse neigbours could be vietnamese :LOL:

Even though they see nothing wrong in what they're doing - it is wrong. They are not in Hungary now and there are laws as to how an animal is treated here and it sounds like they are breaking them.

Personally, I'd go back to the RSPCA, if they still won't do anything, then I'd be on to anybody I could think of - police, dog warden, dogs trust, even DEFRA.

If you're going to take on the responsibility of a pet, then you must be prepared to look after it properly, care for it and attend to it's needs.

Just because Brits treat their dogs like pampered children doesn't mean it's right. A small box (kennel) is warmer. The RSPCA would act if there were genuine distress.

I dont know if you know or are taking the mick but Vietnamese people breed dogs to eat them

No, I don't think Noseall was taking the mick - he was meaning that death might be a merciful release to the poor dog instead of being shut in a box.

precisely.

we breed cows and eat them too.

and pigs.

some people breed horses and eat them too.

and goats.

lots of furry things get eaten.

in fact, there a few things that walk on four legs that humans don't slaughter and eat. :rolleyes:

i have little compassion with animals that are bred for food, so long as they are slaughtered humanely.

I'd ring the rspca again, speak to someone different and tell them what the first one said, try a different branch, I'd annoy the hell out of them with phone call's, but there must be a nice kind one answer your call at some stage and do something, I'm not fond of dogs but i hate cruilty .

Could you not video the dog and also make a note of how long it spends in the box etc. - i.e. keep a diary

Sponsored Links
Back