Nervous about Rompox Patio...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all

When this deluge stops, hopefully I'll be putting Rompox Patio down next week as a pointing material. I've read the instructions and the like and wondered if anyone else had used the product and had any pointers?

The guy I bought it from said you could mix it in a cement mixer (providing the drum is spotless, luckily mine is).

Anyone tried it?

Sponsored Links
only ever used the traditional methods that work. I .know a rep that we have done work for, who works for one of the big building chemical suppliers who makes a similar product. Guess what the rep thinks of it!

Like Thermo, I've only heard bad things about it, so I've never used it either. Again, like Thermo, I use the good old, time tested methods too... no substitute imo.

Ok, has anyone had any positives experiences with it? I've bought it now so I'm going to give it a go at least.

Anyone else used it?

Sponsored Links
hi

How did you get on with this product as i am interested in what it can offer, any thoughts would be appreciated. I.e. did it give you a nice, clean and strong joint? Thanks

I've just laid Black Limestone paving and used Rompox Easy to point it, I looked around and asked a few people but in the end found "Pavingexpert.co.uk" very helpful. Almost everyone there, and there's a lot of Professionals said rompox was without doubt far better than any other type, although there are other makes some as good some a lot lot worse. Give it a look.
I used Easy because it was, just empty tin on paving, brush it in tamp down with a stick and its done, I had to dodge the rain as it has to stay dry for 24 hours. One other point it is expensive but taking into account it was all done in a few hours with no mess or staining on the slabs it was well worth the extra.

i use geofix its similar to rompox but i pay £30 for 20kg opposed to £35 for 15kg of rompox

its harder than traditional methods which a dated and and slow and in most cases need repairing or attention in a few years

me and a one of my labourers jointed 100m sq patio in half a day costing £150 in time and £300 in geofix with no staining no mess and guaranteed quality results

I have to chip in and say i think it's a great product. For easily stained sandstone etc it is not only so much faster but it looks better than mortar as it is available in a few colours.

This is light years away from the old brush in crap and is applied in a slurry form so it doesn't suffer from the old problems of half filled joints.

Move with the times oldies!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back