Netto specials next week...

I've always found that the gyroscopic forces of a 9" angle grinder present far more risks than any chain saw. I've been using chain saws for 30 years with only 1 near miss (I put a hole in the toe of a welly that I shouldn't have been wearing), but grinders have provided more incidents.
Cars, kitchens, gas and electricity must be higher risk than anything.else, and are common to nearly everyone.
As with anything, get complacent or stupid and an accident will soon follow.

Sponsored Links
It's very true that they can be dangerous and training is useful. Personally I'm happier using a chainsaw than something like a large circular saw, say anything over 7" and I feel uneasy with it.
Really strange thing is that a ticket is needed to hire a chainsaw but any Tom, Dick or Harry can walk in to a shop and buy one :eek:
Perhaps even scarier to some than a chainsaw is a portable chain mortiser, essentially a wide chainsaw in a frame that is pushed tip first into the timber. Great when they can be clamped but when the timber is too wide for the clamps and an ad hoc system of boards are used to hold the thing in place they need some care and respect.

so far I've managed to drill a hole through my finger, take a v shaped notch out the end of a different finger ( touched a grinding disk while trying to grind accurately.. ) and poked myself in the eye with a screwdriver ( forgot it was in my hand and pushed my glasses back up my nose.. ).

Sponsored Links
Back