NETWORK Q

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a vauxhall zafira Elegance 2.0 dti 0404 reg recently from network Q.
From the minute I drove out of the forecourt and try to fill in petrol( as usual only minimum to let you get out) when I open the flap, Wow no petrol cap inside.

When I got home, I checked, the 2 end caps for the hole when the cover curtain is remove also missing.

When further check & discussion with friends:
1. Their 2.0 DTI Elengance have cruise control
2. Their 2.0DTI Elegance have ditital display for fuel consumption etc
3. Their 2.0 dti have valoue upholstery

One week later, the car do not start in the morning, sort of do no petrol & have to try a number of time before starting.

Took it back to the garage and they say it could be the fuel pump???

Book a service and so when collect, I noticed that they wrote on their paperwork , " Seal hose with ?????"
This is not changing the fuel pump

Also we complain that when dring on MOTOR way above 60mph, the steering wheel shack. At first they wants £38 for balancing so I complain and say this is surely a non road worthy issue and should have been checked within the 114 points check from NETWORK Q. and especially, they have done the 1st services before giving me the car sincethe car already 1 yr old but not reach the 1st 20,000 miles. Eventually, they did correct teh balancing for free.

Questions:
Q1) Where do I stand with warranty? NETWORK Q and Manufacturer warranties.
Q2) How can I be sure that the 114 check have been properly carried out?
Q3) How can I be sure that the 1st service have been carried out properly?
Q4) With reference to the spec, shouldn't all zafira elegance 2.0dti should be the same spec( the high end spec?)
Q5) How or what procedure to take this forward?
Q6) The problem with the fuel pump repair, is this correct?

Thanks & appreciate any advise.

please note 16

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the problem lies with you putting petrol in your new diesel-powered Zafira ;)

1) when buying a used car, you inherit the balance of the warranty. As Vauxhalls come with a 3 year warranty, and yours is a 2004 model, you are still covered for warranty repairs.
2) I would imagine their 114-point check is accompanied by a checklist that they tick off as they do it. This will also tell you what those 114 points are, and if they cover these problems
3) at a Vauxhall garage, they give you a breakdown of what the service entailed. This is partly to cover their backsides so if something fails later on, that they didn't touch, you can't blame them straight up for it.
4) Check the Vauxhall website, see if CC is an option or standard spec. Also, specs change. My Astra LS came with an 8-speaker stereo and a/c, on LS models of the previous year they came with a 6-speaker stereo and a/c was an option. Unless they told you the car comes with c/c, then this isn't their fault.
5) Check that there is an issue first, then check the Network Q website for contact details
6) I can't help you with that one, sorry.

Hi,
In the 3rd row space, if the seats are holded down, there is a sort of roller curtain gagget which is fitted horizontally. The Gagget is sort of slotted into a hole on either side of the side panel behind the 2nd row.

If the gagget is not used, a plastic cap is used to block the hole.

It seems minor but allparts shouldbe supply, right? other wise when you sell the vehicle later, it is just another excuse that parts are missing.

Sponsored Links
i would say that as you bought a used car, not new you will have to pay for them if you want them, its not as if you bought the car and it was a wheel missing is it

Caveat Emptor ..... Or do have a grace period for return?

A bit late to start looking closely after the fact, but an age old problem. Once you start looking, after paying, you'll find find all the stuff the thoughts of a bargain had blinded you to, dissatisfaction begins to grow .... Dealers do not usually 'hand out bargains' ..they probably have umpteen friends, family and 'special' customers waiting for the nod on a value for money motor ... Not all dealers / managers of dealerships, but quite a few play this way, my sis married a dealer .. that is how it worked for him and us !! ;)
:D :D

I have to agree with pip, mate. These things should all be checked before you sign on the dotted. Fair enough about the things you can't see. Did you take it for a test drive before you bought it? Did you take it on all different types of road?

Is it an Opel? Does it have an Opel badge or a V shaped grille at the front?

If it is an Opel, it will be a continental model with their (usually) inferior trim level.

If a Vauxhall badge, is it an 03 MY vehicle(Sorry, model year), but registered in 04?

Once you have decided on which car to buy, it pays to do research so that you know the cars as well as the salesmen do.

you should go back to the dealer and say that it is reasonable to expect a car of this young age to come with a parcel shelf, and if they haven't got yours, ask them to supply one FOC.

You have paid up now, so your bargaining power is less than if you'd said "sort out these problems, then I'll sign", but if all else fails, try Customer Services in Luton.

There is an upside to new/used cars and faults: a certain fraction of cars pass quality control at the factory but end up having problems. Also occasionally there will be a model with a design flaw. If these problems are found early on, then they will (hopefully) be fixed by the time you buy the car, in which case you don't have the inconvenience of taking your "Friday-afternoon" car to the garage all the time.

A fault-free car is always preferable, though!

Some bu**er at the Astra factory must have had a few too many at lunch before he bolted the rear brakes on it, they've never been right. They've been back to the Vauxhall garage 3 times under warranty and 3 times out of warranty, I had an independent look at it too but that seemed to do more harm than good. I had a Ford garage take a look last week and they found the auto-adjusters were loose inside the drum (not just unwound, actually rattling around!) Hopefully this is it sorted now. Dunno why it didn't just come with discs, much cheaper and easier to build and maintain!

Rear discs ........ Until the dreaded pad replacement ... Resetting, andbrake adjustment, within the caliper / piston set-up. About as well engineered as an open bottomed frying pan !!
:D

Ah, I just assumed that due to the simpler principle, the mechanicals of it would be simple too! I saw a custom van at a show that had a second smaller cable-operated caliper on each rear disc for the handbrake.

Sponsored Links
Back