neutral earth probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am in the middle of testing a installation. its tn-c-s when i drop the neutral link at the main incomer isolator i still get a dead short on earth to neutral at the dist/board. I have disconnected all neutrals and there are three neutrals going dead short to earth. I cant find where the fault is. the three circuits are old metal clad heaters but if i isolate them from the circuit it still shows dead shorrt to earth.
Can anyone help???

Sponsored Links
Does the fault still show if you switch off the DP isolators adjacent to the haeters?

I think the TN-CS, the removing neutral link and all that doesn't have any bearing on the problem.

If you IR test neutral to earth and the circuit is showing a short without any current using equipment connected then the fault is on the cable or something else which is connected to it, maybe even connected up by a handy man or could be a knackered pyro or similar.

Sponsored Links
Why would you have TN-CS in a substation?
Is the wiring in Pyro?
If you have both ends of the cable disconnected and it is showing a N-E fault then the cable is at fault.

tnc-s from dno supply for domestic equipment. heaters are wired in singles in trunking, ill have another look tomorrow and get back with any findings

Aye, I thought subs would all be TN-S as it isn't a big deal to have a separate neutral and earth, unless of course the 400v supply is from another remote sub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back