New 20 MPH Limit

Sponsored Links
The accuracy of the speedo relies on the aspect ratio of the tyres fitted, so if your car came with 165/70/r13's, but you fitted 185/60/r14's, then the speedo is wrong.

Regarding an earlier post, re an accident, there have been two accidents near me recently, one where a bee got in a car, and somone lost it on a bad bend, crashing into a house, and the other, and innocent driver, obeying the speed limit, and a child getting out of a car ran across the road, and was killed.

Neither accident was caused by excess speed, but safety measures were installed, the road surface at the bad bend was resurfaced, and I asked the workmen why, and they said the tarmacadam had 'anti skid' properties...and the child that was killed there was a pedestrian crossing installed. Very sorry that a child died, but neither accident was due to excess speed, or bad driving. Always blame speed and the motorist, when half the time, it's the innocent that wanders into the road.

(Admin is JMLanders and Joe-90 one and the same?) the type patternernation is the same, and one refers to the other? Can you run an IP check?

Stop getting paranoid. I've only ever posted under this one name.

As far as speed goes - it's simple physics. The faster the vehicle the more deadly the impact. Anyone struck at 40mph has little chance of surviving. At 20 mph nearly every one of them survive - and the driver has far greater chance of stopping. (reaction time etc). You can't out argue the laws of physics so why are you bothering?

Sponsored Links
i find "old folks" to be the ones that drive at 40mph everywhere regardless of the limit. they not only break the 30mph limit.

They also antagonise the ones wishing to meet the limit on an A road.

I find the same. They block you from overtaking on a 60mph road because they think you should be doing 40, then when you slow down to 30 for a village they slip illegally into the distance... Only to hold you up again once you leave the village.

They should just ban everyone except me. That would bring the injury figures down.

I live on a 30mph road which is used as a bit of a rat run. Once in a blue moon a local idiot does 60-70 up the road at 2am, and almost daily you hear horns as someone forces oncoming cars to swerve into the kerb by not waiting their turn to go round the multitude of parked cars.

But, if they put speed humps in as some residents want, I'll be forced to do 5mph all the way to the main road (a mile away) so s*d that.

i agree. the 40mph driver usually has the inability to even maintain a steady speed, corners in particular seem to be a problem.

two things I've never understood. the 40mph driver who detests tailgators....perhaps speeding up or getting the hell out of the way would be the sensible option.

also, the 40mph driver that wants you to drive at 40mph and detests overtaking. the fact the all but one of my vehicles can overtake and be back in the correct lane before they have even started muttering escapes them.

as for speed bumps don't even get me started on them. :evil:

...tailgators...??

Do you get those in a crocodile of traffic?

D_Hailsham";p="1656090 said:
I say put railings up along every single road and add more crossings.

if you're a pedestrian, stay on the sodding path, that's what it's there for..
cross at designated crossings not from between parked cars and not 30yards down the road from a crossing.. ( walk to the crossing you lazy gits.. )
The current thinking is the exact opposite; it's called Shared Space.

Most interesting :idea: And sadly shows that you are a newcomer to Sussex . 40 years of the c- rap roads and 1 drunk driver have left me cynical and with a limp . ( but I did get the compo :cool: ) TEST THEM ALL @ age 70 :!:

Nige F";p="1659422 said:
I say put railings up along every single road and add more crossings.

if you're a pedestrian, stay on the sodding path, that's what it's there for..
cross at designated crossings not from between parked cars and not 30yards down the road from a crossing.. ( walk to the crossing you lazy gits.. )
The current thinking is the exact opposite; it's called Shared Space.

Most interesting :idea: And sadly shows that you are a newcomer to Sussex . 40 years of the c- rap roads and 1 drunk driver have left me cynical and with a limp . ( but I did get the compo :cool: ) TEST THEM ALL @ age 70 :!:

so your another of these compo claimants that bleed this country dry. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back