New aluminium door

sdf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've just had an aluminium bifold door install and on removing the window packers all 4 panes of glass move and you can feel air coming through. There are 4 metal bars holding each window in place. should there be a gasket between the windows and the metal frames holding them in place or do the panes get siliconed in?

Also, each double glazed unit has a small plastic hole. On the bifolds this hole is at the top of the pane whereas on other windows I've had installed they are at the bottom. Does it matter if the hole is at the top or the bottom of the pane?

Thanks for any help
S

Sponsored Links
:eek: Where have you removed the packers from, can you post a photo?

If the plastic hole you talk about is inside the cavity of the glass unit then it's likely to be the vent they use to fill the cavity with argon gas or similar, the hole is sealed over afterwards when sealing the unit together, however give it 3 years and all the argon would of leaked out anyway.

As far as I'm aware it makes no difference where the holes are but for aesthetics and professionalism it always looks good to have them uniform

cheers
just found out that seals have not yet been put on...doh!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back